Given the current state of our country, I wanted to feature, on this week’s show, bands and labels that are directly supporting – via direct donations or portions of sales – anti-racism, police reform and bail fund orgs.
Support the bands and, by extension, the referenced organizations noted in the playlist. (NOTE: I have not personally vetted the organizations listed below. Links to web sites are provided so you can learn more about each.)
Strawberry Generation – Afloat
- 100% of the band’s Bandcamp sales the week of June 1st will be donated to Reclaim the Block.
My Favorite – The Black Cassette https://myfavorite.bandcamp.com/album/the-happiest-days-of-our-lives-expanded-edition
- Proceeds from the everything on the band’s Bandcamp page sold June 5th to be donated to Black Lives Matter.
The Berries – Sci-Fi Racer
Cabana Wear – West Palm
The Ex-optimists – Remembering Six
Anna Burch – Ask Me To
Etxera – Posos
- Money from all sales on their Bandcamp on June 5th will be donated to Don’t Shoot PDX: “citizen advocates united in protest against racism, police brutality and state violence.”
Great Grandpa – Human Condition
- For the month of June they are making all of their albums “pay what you want” on Bandcamp, and all proceeds will benefit the Minneapolis-based Black Visions Collective and the Northwest Community Bail Fund here in Seattle. Plus, the band will be matching donations up to $1000.
Secret Shame – Dissolve
- The band will donating 100% of Bandcamp sales on June 5th to “localized bail and mutual aid funds,” prioritizing allocating donations to black and POC orgs.
DRY SPELLS – Quarantine Dream
- All this week thru June 7th, 100% of proceeds from The Love Language’s online store, including this Dry Spells record, will be donated to Showing Up for Racial Justice, “a national network of groups and individuals organizing white people for racial justice.”
Lithics – Tower of Age
- The band tweeted on Monday: “We stand in solidarity with black lives and the protesters in the streets,” noting that 100% of tote band sales on their Bandcamp page will be donated to Don’t Shoot PDX.
Keith Ival – Tool Box
The Snogs – Red Wheelbarrow
window seat – mean
- The artist recently tweeted that 100% of the money spent on their Bandcamp page will go to Black Lives Matter.
Youth Team – Setting Eno on Fire
- They will have 26 new tracks out on Friday, with proceeds from those split between The Trussell Trust (supporting food banks across the UK) and Act Blue’s bail funds, providing bail for protestors here in the USA.
Nothing – The Dead are Dumb (live on Part Time Punks)
- This EP is “pay what you want”; 100% of proceeds will be donated to “ACT BLUES COMMUNITY BAIL OUT. A SPLIT DONATION BETWEEN 38 DIFFERENT COMMUNITY BAIL FUNDS.”
Mint Field – Natural
Reclaim the Block
Black Lives Matter
The BLM Seattle Freedom Fund
National Bail Out
NAACP Legal Defense Fund
Don’t Shoot PDX
Black Visions Collective
Northwest Community Bail Fund
Bay Area Anti-Repression Committee Bail Fund
The Trussell Trust
Act Blue Bail Funds
Showing Up for Racial Justice
BOLD (Black Organizing for Leadership and Dignity)
Ella Baker Center
The Center for Policing Equity